Skip to main content

February 10th HBD (Late)

My version of Sci shares the same birthday with my persona (Yasu-Kun)

Jekyll and Hyde [3126]

Inspired from the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
When I scrolled at my posts on Undertale Amino, I noticed somebody commented Sci and Edge as Jekyll and Hyde. I didn't know who they are until recently because many people read or heard about the story for their English, but I didn't learn about it since it's known from other countries.

After discovering it, I really love the dark plot and inspired to make my own spin-off with scifell. The plot is about the mystery of Sci (as Henry Jekyll) and Edge (as Edward Hyde). I thought about Sci-Ko but I agree with others and see Edge more fitting as Hyde.



In my interpretation, Edge is an evil criminal with opposite personalities of Sci. One night, Edge was caught for his crime but he used a "get out of jail" free card under Sci's tab. People assume Sci was blackmailed by Edge to pay for his crimes. Soon, Sci disappeared and Edge was found wearing Sci's clothes, hanging in his laboratory.

The secret was revealed in a letter and answered all the mysteries in his disappearance. Sci wants to avoid his responsibilities in life and created a potion to transform himself into somebody he isn't, Edge. The chemical can also change Edge back to Sci. Both Sci and Edge are the same person, different personality.

Sci has friends, respect, wealth and a reputation under his shoulders. When he changed to Edge, he gets all the freedom and from his responsibilities. As Edge, he doesn't care about anybody except for his well being and his own enjoyment. One night, Sci lost control and commits murder as Edge. Sci begins to fear and stop drinking the chemical. He tries to change himself as a good person for Edge's crime but it didn't last long as Edge takes over Sci's body during the day since he hasn't transformed for a month.

Edge was trapped for a long time as Sci tries to redeem himself for his evil deeds, giving Edge's urge finally releasing the bloodlust inside and begin a killing spree. Then, Edge forged a letter to Sci's assistant in Sci's handwriting to get the ingredients for the formula. As he recreated the potion and transformed back as Sci, his assistant died with their secret. The change was temporary because they're out of a certain ingredient that can not be obtained anymore.

With a time limit, Sci writes his will, explaining everything before Edge completely takes over his body forever with his sin. What happens after is up to Edge as Sci gives up his own life to his control.

In the end, Edge ended his life with Sci's unhappiness. He could literary do anything: escape, burn the letter or kill more people. But he made that choice because of Sci. Without him, he can't avoid his consequences and survive as he lost guidance and sank into despair.

Fun fact: Sci loves being as Edge for the thrill and excitement to his life and Edge likes Sci back as partners in crime. Sci plays the "good guy" while Edge as "evil" but in actuality, Sci isn't good nor bad, despite was his intention as he created the biggest sin in his life.



Regardless of the writing, I also love the song "Jekyll and Hyde" by Five Finger Death Punch and makes me love the lore of the story along with the "Good vs. Evil" theme. I discovered them as fictional characters from Fate Grand Order and shares the same name based on the novel. When I see them from Fate, I can't help also seeing them as human versions of Sci and Edge because they're similar to my human designs of them (if they have white hair and additional qualities from their difference).

When I drew this illustration, it took most of my time messing around with the filters. Originally, I didn't want it to be colourful because it looks like more into my UnderDespair AU. I got the idea when I see halves with one side is good and the other is evil but I didn't want to cut the canvas in the middle and have them share one body. Their hand in front of their face is the divide between Sci and Edge, telling everyone viewing this to keep their secret quiet.

External Links: deviantART, Instagram, PixivTumblr, Twitter, Undertale Amino, YouTube

Comments