Skip to main content

February 10th HBD (Late)

My version of Sci shares the same birthday with my persona (Yasu-Kun)

The Graceful Sunlight - Fresh

Blessed Messiah and the Tower of AI AU - Part 3
I thought about the Dreamtale twins to represent the light and dark elements of the next blessings. However, because Geno was already chosen before, I choose Fresh next.

Despite Geno, Fresh and Error aren't blood related, they're from the same creator Crayon Queen and often called as the "CQ's Bros". The original song mentioned the "older sister" taking the 3rd blessing. Without the oldest sibling, Geno (taken by the 2nd trial), the next oldest brother of the remaining two alive goes to Fresh.

In the Tower of AI, Fresh is the scout and scavenger of the group with his characteristic skills. Despite being a parasite, Fresh often hangs around and annoys Error, enjoying Blue and Dance's company during their travels. His connection with Sci is low but considers him as an ally in their journey.

Fresh is often played as a "joke character" until the end. He's last shown happily that he won over his younger brother (Error) for taking dibs on the next blessing after Geno. However, whatever happens to Fresh after is left to interpretation. It could be taken lightly that Fresh could handle the element of light because he has sunglasses to protect himself. In the end, he also knows what he got himself and hides his true intentions with his smile like every other Sans-es.

The third blessing is the "Graceful Sunlight" with the elemental power of light, resulting in Fresh dying from the harsh sunlight of drought.


I have a few to say about making this. Out of all the characters and parts I've done for this crossover, Fresh has the worst in my opinion. He took the longest time in fixing and I took a break yesterday to continue the rest of the lineart.

I can only say the good part is the sun blessing design and used the ripple-like effect on the lines as heatwaves. My biggest flaw is the shading with harsh colour choices. Fresh's palette in his outfit is the worst to work on because he has nearly every colour which makes it uneasy to fit him in the same setting.

Anyway, I was left impatient after some hours fixing Fresh and want to get over to finish the other two drawings. I thought Dance would be my weakest piece of the collection set but I was wrong. Let it slide with the finishing results like this because Fresh has the light element and gets away with the harsh lighting.

External Links: deviantARTInstagramPixivTumblr, TwitterUndertale AminoYoutube

Comments