Skip to main content

February 10th HBD (Late)

My version of Sci shares the same birthday with my persona (Yasu-Kun)

The Quickening Magma - Edge

Blessed Messiah and the Tower of AI AU - Part 9
Like Geno, both have similar elemental trials but a portion of magma is powerful than a flame of fire alone. Like Blue, "Fell" is another popular character and the last trial fits him as it's the closest to 'hell' (Underfell was originally called "Underhell" but the name was changed due to being taken on Tumblr).

In UnderDespair, Edge goes by the name "Fell" despite his real name is "Edge", which is canon in CPAU. Despite using his brother's name, Edge's past was full of violence and he committed any crime just live from the survival of the strongest.

Close enough to a "warrior", Edge is the hunter and raider to the party. He sees Sci as a trusted ally and counsellor to his problems when trying to become a better person. Edge is also close to Dance like in UnderDespair and plays the bad cop of the two when it comes to encountering other travellers or killing wild animals during their long travel while protecting Sci safely to the Tower of AI.

Edge intended to go the next after losing his best friend but Blue overtook him, leaving himself with Sci alone. The rest is up to anybody's imagination as they search for the 9th blessing together. However, following the song's story, there's a point in time where Edge gains Sci's trust before he "betrayed" him once they reach the last trial.

In the music video, Len was holding a wooden staff but in this crossover, Edge carries an army knife as a weapon to threaten Sci as he pretends to lie in order to "steal" the last blessing. Sci would last see him laughing as an unredeemable monster in pride before the chamber sealed each other apart.

The ninth and last blessing is the "Quickening Magma" with the elemental power of lava, resulting in Edge’s death burning in hell.


I was close to giving up after I fixed the lineart but I bolted back to complete it within a day and feel so proud of myself at the finishing results. Edge is enjoyable to draw as he's my all-time favourite character (with Sci). I used the colour picker from the reference I'm basing this on to fit well with the same setting.

Creating the magic circle isn't the best or close to the original but I'm happy that I was able to make my own version by scratch. My flaw in making this is mostly the circle but also the knife he wields. It looks right but it's slightly improper when I imagine myself holding it like how I drew Edge in.

Regardless, I frickin' love the overall look. As for the background, I use resources that are allowed for reuse and modification for free. I also blurred it because all the characters are the main focus in each of my illustration set.

External Links: deviantART, Instagram, Pixiv, Tumblr, TwitterUndertale AminoYouTube

Comments