Skip to main content

February 10th HBD (Late)

My version of Sci shares the same birthday with my persona (Yasu-Kun)

Taste Testing [3126]

"I don't mind being a part of your experiment..."
Originally, I wanted to be in two parts (the first five panels as one part) where you can see two sides of Sci's taste testing experiments.

The first one is chemicals and normally, scientists wouldn't dare to drink those kinds of stuff on their own and have a volunteer in your place. The second one is more adorable where you let somebody try out your cooking like many couples do. Overall, both are "taste testing" where Edge tries Sci's experiments, whatever it's with danger or food.

This is mostly a cute comic I got inspired when I recall myself calling my boyfriend a "coward" for not trying out a dry dog food pellet. Then, I end up making the first half of the comic based on that moment, having Sci calling Edge a coward for acting "tough" to provoke his selfish side.

After the first half of the comic, I remembered having cooking classes back in high school and there's theory work in cooking where you have to explain how certain techniques in cooking work. For example, how does an egg turn white when you cook it, caramelising sugar, and many more. All of that makes you think cooking is also a part of science, but experimenting on food.

From that, I personally believe Sci would be excellent in cooking during his spare time. I also do imagine him as a bad cook too where he blows up the microwave and whenever he needs to explain the mess, he could say, "it's for science?"

At the part with Edge and the curry, he's basically the other half of my personality (alongside with Sci) and he acts like a child sometimes and waits for Sci to feed him. I used to do that to my mum or somebody close just to for fun. As for couples, that would be normal and cute in some sort if they did that. But then, there are people who wouldn't do it for you (especially it comes out annoying) and I can also be those kinds of people too, like slamming somebody's face in the plate or pull a prank by feeding it to yourself and leave them hanging. However, it will end up as a test of trust if you believe your partner will be nice to you or not.


I've started making this comic on the 3rd of September (right after my previous illustration) and I forgot how long comics takes as it's just like drawings but done a couple of times as a completion. This took me nearly the entire week (14-16 hours total) but there were times in-between that I couldn't draw due to taking antidepressants again.

Regardless, I finished the last 6 panels all night and had nothing to lose besides my sleep for today. The finishing results are good, even though I tried to rush until the end. Panel 4 is the worst part for me as it's crowded and works better if the comic is animated instead. The Japanese curry is something new as I don't draw food often and wish to do more in the future. The curry looks delicious but disappointed that I didn't draw it differently in other panels as I try to cut time to finish the entire comic.

I used to write secret messages written in "invisible ink" that can only be visible if you alter the level adjustments to seek them. All of the panels, except the last one, has "invisible" writing for anybody to enjoy the search. Also, I'm slowly trying to get colourful with my work as I'll be going by colours (my last work has warm colours and the end of the comic has warm colours to connect).

If you noticed, the canvas size for each one has enlarged twice of the original size I used to work on (500 x 350 px into 1000 x 700 px). I regret making it larger because I have additional problems to work on them. I may consider doing them in a large size but I wouldn't do the same for comic animations as they're limited in storage and quality.

P.S. There's a Japanese version over at my Pixiv (at the external links below) but please note that it's not my best translation and tried my best.

External Links: Instagram, Pixiv, Tumblr, Twitter, Undertale Amino, YouTube

Comments