Skip to main content

February 10th HBD (Late)

My version of Sci shares the same birthday with my persona (Yasu-Kun)

Smoking [3126]

Breathing the same air...
Smoking kills a lot of people but I doubt it would do the same to skeletons. Personally, I don't smoke and couldn't stand the smell of it because I have breathing problems whenever I inhale it, I'll panic or go berserk trying to get the smoke out of my lungs.

I do want to note that not every smoker are considered bad people, as long as they respect the boundaries and not blowing it in front of people's faces, I don't mind. I met people in my life, smokers and non-smokers but most of the people I'm close with are those who don't smoke. It would be the same for a smoker to be seen often around with other smokers to be in the same crowd as themselves.

Smoking is considered as "toxic" and even though I don't smoke in person, it's an interesting use in illustrations like this. I have been toxic to and from people in my past. Whatever I talk about suggestive topics, people can be easily triggered or highly sensitive. True, death isn't something to talk about lightly but it's often shown in dark humour if it's done right. It's rare to find other people who I can talk about killing or even somebody open and unique to subjects while knowing it's all fiction in the end.

As for this drawing, Sci and Edge are smoking together while everyone else is irrelevant around them as the smoke clouds their surroundings. Edge portrays as the "bad guy" who can commit a crime and have a lot of harsh experience in life. Sci, on the other hand, joins in Edge's company because he can understand him in some way. It could be a friendly chat or deep conversations but regardless, they have something in common as they smoke.



This illustration was started back in April but I didn't continue it until today. Lately, I've been unmotivated and question myself deeper about life. I wonder if I could always draw scifell forever while knowing so many people moved on to other interests. So, I end up working on this and draw as there's no tomorrow.

I prefer the sketch version of this because I like it monochrome but I actually envision it to have some blue-green colours to show how sick or poisonous the atmosphere is. Ever since my new shading technique, I use it for the smoke too. It's difficult to create actual smoke and made it too "edgy" but I like it in the final look after experimenting it.

As for my favourite, I'm proud of how I draw Sci's hand holding a cigarette ever since I love drawing hands thanks to the skeletal anatomy. Ever since I draw skeletons, it helps me draw hands easier by divide each part of the structure.

External Links: Instagram, Pixiv, Tumblr, Twitter

Comments