Skip to main content

February 10th HBD (Late)

My version of Sci shares the same birthday with my persona (Yasu-Kun)

A Little More To Embrace [3126]

They were about to carry, dance or hug each other... [x]
The link above is a YouTube video someone send to me a long time ago in a private chat on Undertale Amino. They said there's a Sci and Edge cosplay and I checked it out to be true, they appear at the very first song of the clip and they were interacting with each other until the video cuts to a different scene.

Recently, when I was scrolling on Instagram's #scifell tag, I noticed there's a cosplay of the ship in the popular tab and it reminds me of the video again. This time, I can't help drawing the moment they're about to embrace each other before it got cut.

Even though Sci and Edge's cosplay appearance is short, I still find the recording cute because they were dancing until Edge tried to hold Sci's hands. There's a mixed message between the two afterwards before they finally give each other a hug. Also, I assume Edge was trying to carry Sci but we'll never know what happened next and leave it to anybody's imagination.

Speaking of cosplays, I haven't done it for ages since the last convention I've been to. It's sad I never encountered anybody cosplaying as Edge or anybody other than just Sans from Undertale to interact together like the video. However, it was nice cosplaying as Sci back then, even if not many people knew who I was at first.


Even though I used reference, I find the pose slightly awkward until it grew to me, knowing they're trying to go for a hug. I wish I did better in the colour highlights but this illustration still looks good with the purple and blues.

The shading is back to my new style with the outlines on its edges and the biggest change is the details which I used special brushes that are free to use. I did want to put a white border around the canvas since I'm not confident in backgrounds but changed it into the tones and make it pop.

Overall, I have fun experimenting with new brushes and able to use them here. The final look looks cool and the characters fit well with the simple background.

External Links: Instagram, Pixiv, Tumblr, Twitter

Comments