Skip to main content

February 10th HBD (Late)

My version of Sci shares the same birthday with my persona (Yasu-Kun)

Apple [3126]

This is why I stop eating apples...
I noticed ever since I discovered Jekyll and Hyde, there's a fandom introducing two different coloured apples to associate with their character. When I realised the colours, I can definitely see Sci with a green apple while Edge gets a red apple.

Green apples usually represent health because they're healthier than red ones in fibre. As for red, I've seen a lot of symbolism for it as "sin" and it matches well for Edge with a criminal background. Regardless of the coloured apples, I still prefer to stick to Sci as a marshmallow and Edge as a cherry from the scifell fandom.

I remembered I was told "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" but I don't usually believe in it. However, when I was young, I did bite an apple and it actually helped me lose one of my baby teeth like from a children story book.

Anyway, hearing that phrase got me inspired. What IF Edge doesn't eat apples because he begins to believe they would make Sci (a doctor, also a scientist and many other occupations relating to Science) disappear? Well, I don't think Edge is the type to believe in certain myths and don't eat healthy food, especially from the "tooth" comic.


I want to try drawing difficult angle positions but I result in a breakdown on the first day starting the sketch of the comic parts. The next day, I changed the poses to the level I can easily work on then continue the rest.

The lineart is tricky and took a lot of time. For shading, I decided to change back to my familiar cell-shading without the lines on the edges. Same goes to the white border around each character, except the third panel. My colouring is basic but it's nice to go back drawing comics like I used to make them often.

In the last panel, my anatomy for the red apple is a flaw of mine because I didn't notice until after that the apple looks larger than the rest of the parts. I didn't intend to have Edge appearing at the last part with Sci blushing to his reaction. I added Edge because I want to make all parts connecting to each other as one comic without having one that can be re-used or taken from my previous comics.

Overall, I still struggle to draw quickly. It's also in a canvas size twice larger than my old comics. Like my old comics, I added a lot of secret dialogues for all four parts to discover yourself. Good luck finding them all!

External Links: Instagram, Pixiv, Tumblr, Twitter

Comments

  1. I love how you make secret texts!! It makes me feel like I'm on a scavenger hunt, which makes it so interesting, keep up the good work 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'm glad you're enjoying the search cuz there's plenty to find! XDD

      Delete

Post a Comment

If your comment doesn't show up, it's under the blog's moderation for posts older than 30 days.