Skip to main content

February 10th HBD (Late)

My version of Sci shares the same birthday with my persona (Yasu-Kun)

Finish the Heart [3126]

Besides the meme, this could also be good bookmarks~
Sci only version
I've looked in my sketchbook of scifell and I found this one. It was supposed to be done in one day because it was simple but it took me 2 days (with a day off) to complete this illustration and screenshot version of the set together.

I've seen this meme and some characters even pull the middle finger, refusing to complete the heart. I wanted to do that too with Edge flipping off at first but it would be extra time consuming and rather finish this off with a full heart.

Personally, even if I have a partner to do this together, I wouldn't do this since I don't like taking photos of myself unless it's a private chat. However, it would be interesting if I cosplay as Sci instead as an exception while somebody else cosplaying Edge to continue this~

After drawing this, it was later I noticed having the two parts separate in half makes it into bookmarks. The design would be one side showing Sci only and the opposite side is Edge.


Edge only version
Anyway, this (fake) screenshot above is the actual usage of the illustration in a chat format. I used Tumblr as the base and reusing my older drawings as their icons. I hate using measurements but I make it as accurate as possible to make it look like an actual screenshot.

Although the background is meant to be solid white, I used a commission piece done by crimson_swallow on Twitter to fill the emptiness. Also, I've been using their artwork for my mobile phone's wallpaper too.

Translation Notice: Sci messages, "Can you continue this?" with a photo of himself making half of a heart. Edge follows up to complete his heart and replies back, "Like this?"

As for Sci and Edge's usernames, they're not real accounts, just easter egg references while reusing the same names from another post I created with it.


I'm happy that I got to finish this illustration but I struggled on time and the lineart because I kept focusing on correcting my anatomy skills. Sadly, I'm already late to create daily scifell content, I might make it up in the future to fill the missing days.

For the background, I kept it quick and easy. I even skipped making a white outline around the characters. It's difficult to match their hands together but I didn't want it to look perfect because when somebody received a message like this realistically, they wouldn't match the heart at the same exact height and position side by side.

The overall look is simple but making it into a chat screenshot of the two together makes it even better. I may consider making them into a bookmark, even though but I'm not planning to sell them at the moment (and that I hardly use bookmarks).

External Links: Instagram, Pixiv, Tumblr, Twitter

Comments