Skip to main content

February 10th HBD (Late)

My version of Sci shares the same birthday with my persona (Yasu-Kun)

PRACTICE #1 - Vivian

Vivian, original character belongs to ItsKy1523 @ Instagram

This is a 2-hour practice sketch of attempting Mika Pikazo's art style.

A few weeks ago, I realised I didn't have an original female character I could use for my drawing assignment, so I opened my Instagram story box to see if any of my followers were cool with me using their female OC for my college project. Despite receiving 3 submissions, it was very difficult to narrow down who I'll be using for the final version — which my teacher would like to show off to future students in his class as examples of the work.

For my first practice, I borrowed Ky (ItsKy1523)'s character, Vivian and changed the colours to match the triadic palette. Her black top and pants are dark blue, leaving yellow as the background and accents. I also added some pins, clips and extra details to match Mika Pikazo's aesthetics. Most of them are related to science and mechanic themes to match Vivian's character.

Even though it's rushed with limited brushes and time I have to make this, I enjoy working with triadic colours and it was a fun experiment! Now, I'm more tempted to try more drawings in blue/cyan, red/magenta and yellow in the future! Also, thank you Ky for letting me use your character for practice!


TESTING VIDEO: Please check again if the real-time progress isn't in high definition yet.

Comments