Skip to main content

February 10th HBD (Late)

My version of Sci shares the same birthday with my persona (Yasu-Kun)

Altered Book (Bulldog)

I'm not proud of this drawing because it was done and rushed before the deadline.

The altered book assignment began in the second week of college, but I wasted 3 hours in class struggling to complete it because I found the task difficult with limited keywords I could use in the drawing. Everyone was given a random page from a book, and I didn't find any luck on either page written in Japanese or English.

Little did the teacher or anyone know, I took a torn book at the end of the class so I could go home to redo the assignment and pick any page I liked. I kept delaying the assignment due to the heavy load on other assignments and stress until the 27th of March.

On that day, I was working on the colours for the music cover assessment during a class before my illustration presentation day. While waiting for Photoshop to save a large file, I drew over this page in less than 30 minutes — because I couldn't be bothered to make it perfect. With how quick I drew, I made a lot of mistakes with the bulldog's right leg was originally where its tummy would be. Frustrated and unhappy with the result, I scanned the page in the printing room and edited it with Photoshop. I'm not supposed to use Photoshop (or even a white pen?) but it was my last resort due to the time crunch.

Funny enough, my illustration teacher showed up at my class to announce the presentation was cancelled until next week and left early. It was a coincidence, making all the rushing unnecessary.

In the end, I can't be bothered with this anymore, not a happy piece of work I made. Lack of technique and pen control. Also, the keyword "twitching" was meant to represent the bulldog's eye twitching, not the bulldog twitching its body. I regret not using the other keyword "wild" over "twitching".

Comments