Skip to main content

February 10th HBD (Late)

My version of Sci shares the same birthday with my persona (Yasu-Kun)

Electropop! [W.I.P.]

Returning to my roots and it's actually my first time using Flipnote Studio 3D for animations!

After finishing all the CPAU pixel sprites, I end up checking my Nintendo 3DS and found two flipnotes I wanted I make into an animation one day. One of them was After the Rain, which I've at least made draft sketches for a few parts I wanted to animate.

The second flipnote is this one: Electropop, obviously based on the song's title I'm using. It was originally done by ~チawn☆ back from Flipnote Hatena. Their music animation flipnote of the same song was unfinished and I was inspired by their first parts of their animation with a character placing their hand on another's chin.

Eventually, I end up continuing this flipnote around midnight, starting with writing the lyrics on the right frames with the closest accurate timing. The good thing about the 3D version is the original Flipnote Studio will end up replaying the audio from the very beginning, so I'm glad it saved time from going mad listening the same song over and over.

It was after 3 AM that I finally sketch Sci and Edge in the flipnote... until around 7 AM. I never make music animations on Flipnote Studio 3D ever since I got used to the original DSi version. But now, I managed to get familiar with all the tools because they're similar to the original tools. However, when I use the three layers with two different colours, it always screw me over, wishing I could just copy and paste the colour alone to another colour from the other column.

Honestly, I doubt I would continue making flipnote animations in the future (or even continuing this if things gets too complicated), but it's the best tool I have for now.

Lastly, this flipnote is actually twice longer than the preview I shared, but who knows if I end up continuing it? For now, I need plenty of rest because I've done enough for today, so thank you for reading and goodnight or day!

Comments