Skip to main content

EDGE (Magazine Cover)

An original magazine cover for my first second semester's assignment.

Trio Eggs

Hi, I got bored so I turned my favourite trio into eggs!

In actuality, I'm stressed out because I have a lot of things to do and struggle from continuing my first participation of Art Fight. Also, I haven't post any photos I took from my phone for a long time, so I'm bringing it back in my blog!

Yesterday, I made a ton of Instagram stories based on my conversation with my programmer friend describing my doodles from my previous post. It was an amazing storytelling that I had to share to people. Too bad that I can't turn our voice chat into a video format because it would be more engagement for people to listen and see my editing skills rather than reading every word for word we said in each story post — with some autocorrect mistakes.

I saved all the 30-story storytelling in my Instagram highlight if you like to read and imagine the format as a silly YouTube video from me.

During the video call, my programmer friend was confused why I drew Edge on an egg and explained it was a silly creative joke from typing his name, "Edge" to "Edgy" then "Eggy" and finally, "Egg". Afterwards, I had to break and eat the boiled egg before it becomes a rotten egg.


Every morning, my mum often makes hardboiled eggs for everyone in my family, mainly for my dad. When there's two leftover eggs, I immediately kept them to draw Sci and Edge later.

The next day, today, there's a leftover egg I could draw Dance on. I told my dad that I'm going to draw on them and he immediately took my egg away with jokingly wanting to eat the egg before I do so. After he returned it, I found a small open crack on the egg and was disappointed to avoid the area when drawing on the shell.

I used cheap coloured markers to draw over the eggs with black lineart first, starting with Sci, then Edge and finally, Dance. I repeat the same order when colouring them over with their signature colours as I wait for each lineart to dry over. Dance was the hardest to colour because of his blue hood, but I like the fun process of it and the watercolour looking textures while colouring.


Update: 2024-07-16

The next day, I had to eat them by the morning for breakfast. At least I ate something for the day... 🥲👍

Comments