Skip to main content

February 10th HBD (Late)

My version of Sci shares the same birthday with my persona (Yasu-Kun)

The Universe Is Putting Me In A "Cruel" Fate With My Boyfriend...!

Sounds like a good typical anime title, but it's not... It's just a frustrated Edge (in love?!)

I felt like I was in a romantic (dark) comedy anime where I attempted to keep breaking up with my boyfriend, but he always returned and refused to give up on me. It all started when I opened a Pokémon snack and it reminded me of him because the package and sticker inside the box had his favourite monsters to the point I didn't want to eat them during our break from each other.

The next day, on the 18th of December, I found a Squishmallow that I really liked out of all the cats I saw in a store, and believe it or not... its name is the same as my boyfriend's. I was close to buying it, but I didn't... and now regret it after realising most of them are limited editions.

Then, on the 19th of December, I felt unsafe to the point of wishing to see my boyfriend out of the long-distance relationship to hug me in person. I ended up calling him after renting a hotel alone for the first time and out of my comfort zone. I wouldn't be doing what I did if it wasn't for fate, destiny or the universe always trying to bring me and my boyfriend back together, one way or the other. And don't worry, I'm safe by the way!

Long story short, even after the events so far, my mental health has been bad recently, triggered to the point of wanting to break up with my boyfriend with many more coincidences piling from the universe of giving me the middle finger to keep on thinking or reminding me about him.

Received a notification today on the 30th of December, it was when I was listening to a song related to my intense emotions for him. Was attempting a meme on Akinator for fun to find out who's my kin, and the results gave me my "future husband"... Also, my fortune teller predicts my boyfriend will be my future partner and we'll never break up...


For the scifell context or version (and possibly turn my relationship experiences into stories one day)...

Basically, Edge took his boyfriend, Sci for granted and simply doesn't understand the concept of love as it's foreign to him. Because of his trust issues, he struggles to find forgiveness for anyone who hurt him, even if it's unintentional.

Edge was once a kind skeleton before his universe shifted as he no longer shows mercy to anyone who crosses the line or attempts to kill him. When he met Sci about 6 months ago, he showed interest in saving him from troubles after seeing a part of himself who was once kind in Sci and agreed to form an emotional bond together.

The question is... was it fate that brought them together the moment they met at Christmas after Blue introduced his (ex-boy)"friend", Sci to Edge?

Sci and Edge have different perspectives, displays of affection and personalities, yet they're still oddly drawn to each other to the point they grew too close to each other. Dangerously close. They opened their secrets to each other's Pandora boxes and showed their darkest shadows.

Despite their relationship going rocky further on with conflicts and arguments always resolving repeatedly, Edge can't bring himself to hate Sci in the end, confused with LV and actual love. However, Edge also hates to apologise and forgive anything trivial between them as it's often him who helps Sci in trouble and teaches him to survive, feeling unappreciated and used.

"Oh, for fuck's sake! You're easily tricked by others, don't ya see it's a scam?! And it's fuckin' Blue of all people! Why are ya still contacted after you erased all connections with him?!"

Edge's destructive anger snapped, blaming Sci for every fault and lie he kept away from him. He questions why he's stuck with a foolish nerd when he could have the freedom and peace of being single.

Even after all the sabotage Edge caused to push his boyfriend to break up with him, Sci continuously loves and apologises to Edge. What's more is that Sci noticed his partner was being defensive and mad from the triggers he accidentally caused as Sci didn't attempt to raise his voice back at him, wanting to make their relationship work again.

Neither of them has the heart to break up first as Edge laughs at whoever invented destiny for leading both skeletons with abandonment issues as each other's soulmates.

Now the question is, is Sci going to let Edge down to repeat the same cycle?

And will Edge finally give up on his ego for Sci?

Usually, Edge wouldn't believe anything Sci would say after being hurt many times, but for once, it felt weird to hear everything Sci said before they ended their call. Edge was not familiar with their roles reversed to finally witness the very long, small progress of Sci has changed a little more secure in himself. It somehow brought Edge a little hope and slight improvement to continue relying on each other again.

And now, Edge is lying in an empty room, thinking to himself that the universe has been constantly cursing him to be stuck with his soulmate for the rest of his life. No matter what Edge does, Sci keeps invading his mind with memories of everyday things that remind him of each other. Whenever Edge spends time with his friends, he wonders what it would be like if Sci was there with him instead.

"Damn, can't believe how ungrateful I was..."

Edge sighs in regret as he reflects on himself before he's calm and ready to forgive Sci. He realises why his boyfriend is a keeper in the end, as he has the universe to blame for it.


Sorry that was long and getting personal! The drawing was originally a sketch before I coloured it, attempting my old digital painting style before I gave up halfway and left the rest of the colours cell-shaded. I'm more surprised I managed to get the pose I would like from my imagination.

Lastly, there's no background I had in mind and leaving it white was fine for self-reflection.

However, the invisible inks are back if anyone wants to check it out!

Comments